Road Paving Projects
In 2023, the City of Crown Point is slated* to pave a total of 8.5 miles of road with a budget of roughly $5.2 million. These improvements also include two Community Crossings Matching Grant Program projects: The East 113th Avenue and Greenview Place Improvement Projects.
How does the City evaluate roads?
Each year, 150 miles of roadways are evaluated within the City. After the study, roads are given an evaluation from 1-10 based on the PASER rating system, which is widely adopted within the State of Indiana. A “1,” means the road has failed, while a, “10” signifies a road in excellent condition.
How does the City choose where to repair roads?
Once we complete the PASER study, the City updates its road inventory map to highlight areas in need of attention. We try to focus on different geographic locations in the City each year. Click here to find your 2023 PASER rating.
Community Crossing Grant Projects
The City of Crown Point is excited to announce two major Community Crossing Grant projects for this summer. Both projects are a collective investment of $1 million in new infrastructure by the City. While construction is underway, please be patient with us as we make the necessary improvements in your neighborhood.
113th Avenue is slated to be improved from Broadway to Rhode Island Street. This project mainly focuses on road resurfacing, but also includes intersection improvements at Delaware Parkway and 113th Avenue; the installation of turn lanes on Delaware Parkway; road widening; and curb installation where necessary.
Greenview Place will be restored from U.S. 231 west to City of Crown Point limits near Indiana Avenue. This project includes road resurfacing; improvements to the right turn lane on Greenview Place heading east on U.S. 231; curb replacements; and sidewalk improvements to meet ADA compliance.
Intersection Improvement Projects
Delaware Parkway and U.S. 231 Realignment
This project will address the turn lanes and through lanes to better line up and improve the safety aspect of the intersection.
Stillwater Parkway and U.S. 231
This project includes adding a turn lane at this intersection to improve the traffic flow and the stacking of traffic to turn onto U.S. 231.
*All road paving work is weather permitting.
2023 Road Paving List
- West 97th Place from Merrillville Road to Madison Street
- Wirtz Road from North to Summit streets
- Quail Drive from Wirtz Road to Dead end
- Harvest Court from Quail Drive to Cul-de-sac
- Harvest Lane from Quail Drive to Wirtz Road
- Clover Lane from Pheasant Drive to Quail Drive
- Meadow Lane from Quail Drive to Pheasant Drive
- Pheasant Drive from Rosslare Place to Harvest Lane
- Rosslare Place from Summit Street to Pheasant Drive
- Wirtz Court from Wirtz Road to Cul-de-sac
- Anderson Court from Wirtz Road to dead end
- South Maxwell Street from U.S. 231 to South Street
- Wood Street from U.S. 231 to South Street
- Pettibone Avenue from U.S. 231 to South Street
- Pettibone Alley from Pettibone to Pettibone
- Buchanan Street from 97th Place to 100th Avenue
- Davis Court East from Mary Ellen Drive to Cul-de-sac
- Davis Court from Mary Ellen Drive to O'Hagan Drive
- West 99th Avenue from Buchanan Street to Tyler Street
- West 94th Court from Merrillville Road to Cul-del-sac
- Charles Court from Chessington Drive to Cul-de-sac
- 113th Avenue from Iowa Street to City limits
- Center Street from Wood Street to Indiana Avenue
- O'Hagan Circle from O'Hagan Drive to Mary Ellen Drive
- 94th Place from Merrillville Road to Cul-de-sac
- South Sherman Street from Greenwood Avenue to Marimar Court
- Marimar Court from Pettibone Avenue to Cul-de-sac
- George Ade Court from Mary Ellen Court to Cul-de-sac
- 96th Place from 97th Place to Broadway
- O'Hagan Drive from Mary Ellen Drive to South Street
- Madison Street from South Street to Cul-de-sac