Household Hazardous Waste
The Lake County Hazardous Waste Collection program is for residential household hazardous waste disposal for Lake County, Indiana, residents only. The program IS NOT for businesses, schools, organizations or those who live outside of Lake County, Indiana. Businesses, schools and organizations located in Lake County, Indiana, can call 219-853-2420 for resource information.
Loads are limited to 100 pounds. Latex paint IS NOT accepted. For questions or more information, please visit www.lcswmd.com.
Complete 2022 Schedule
What can I dispose of?
What is NOT accepted?
• Household hazardous waste from businesses, schools, or non-profit organizations
• Auto/Back-Up/Boat/Truck Batteries
• Containers larger than five (5) gallons
• Explosives/Fireworks (Please contact your local Fire Department for disposal)
• Large grill propane cylinders
• Medical waste (Other than medications and sharps) ((Controlled medications WILL NOT be accepted))
• Radioactive materials (Smoke detectors)
• Latex paint
For more information, contact the Lake County Solid Waste District at 800-946-4449 or 219-853-2420.