Garbage & Recycling
Republic Services provides residential trash pickup in the City of Crown Point every Wednesday. In the event of a holiday, pick-up will be delayed one day.
Benefits of Recycling
Did you know that recycling not only benefits our community and environment, but generates funds to put in place new city Parks?
Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for three hours — or the equivalent of a half a gallon of gasoline. Remember, the more you recycle the more Crown Point benefits!
- Aluminum, steel and tin food/beverage containers
- Clear, green and brown glass food and beverage bottles
- Mixed papers: Cereal boxes, flyers, copy paper, corrugated cardboard, magazines, catalogs, paper grocery bags, junk mail, newsprint
- Plastics No. 1 through No. 7 (including lids and shopping bags)
- Styrofoam packing and peanuts (must be contained in a recyclable plastic bag)
- Any container from oil, antifreeze, windshield fluid or other car liquids
- Plastic trays or pots from flowers and plants
- Salt bags
- Top soil bags
- Packaging plastic
- LED light bulbs
- Plastic toys
- Aerosol spray cans
- Window glass
- Rubber products
- Drinking glasses
- Containers used to store chemicals and paints
Preparing Your Recyclables
All items should be rinsed and placed into your recycling bin. Labels do not need to be removed. Cardboard needs to be cut down into 2-foot-by2-foot pieces. Basketball hoop poles must be cut into half-inch pieces in order to be serviced.