Mayor David D.F. Uran
David D.F. Uran (pronounced U-Ran) has been a resident of Crown Point for 30+ years and has lived in Lake County, IN for 52 years. David is married to Katie (Senior Agent for AFLAC) for the past 27 years and they have four (4) children: Nicole (25) US Air Force, Julie (24) Junior at Florida State University, Hailey (21) Junior at Indiana University, and Benjamin (19) Freshman /Football Scholarship at Marian University.
Current Role and Responsibilities:
- Mayor of the City of Crown Point (4th Term - Elected in November 2007, 2011, 2015, and 2019)
- Chairman of the Board of Works and Public Safety
- Member of the Indiana Integrated Public Safety Commission
The Mayor of Crown Point manages over 190 City Employees which is made up of Public Safety (Police / Fire / EMA), Public Works & Streets, Engineering, Building & Planning, Parks, Special Events, Human Resource, Legal, and Media & IT Divisions. The City of Crown Point operates on a $35 million-dollar annual budget, provides service to over 32,000 + residents, and has the lowest municipal tax rate of any city in Lake, Porter, or LaPorte Counties by a 2 ½ time margin.
Education and Experience:
- 26 Years of Service with the City of Crown Point (13 years Police Officer / 13 years Mayor)
- 20 Years as an Indiana High School Tournament Basketball Official
- 10 Years of Experience in Residential and Commercial Loans
- 05 Years as a High School Varsity Boys Basketball
- 04 Years with Board and Zoning Authority (B.Z.A.)
- 02 Years Fraternal Order of Police President with Lodge #176
- Indiana Licensed Life and Health Insurance Agent
- College Degree’s in Sports Management and Science
- Graduate of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy
- Held numerous executive roles with the NIRPC including elected Chairman in 2013
- NW Indiana Building Trades Elected Official of the Year 2008
- South Shore CVA Elected Official of the Year in 2009 & 2013
- State of Indiana Park & Recreation Association Elected Official of the Year 2015
- Earned - IACT - Mayors Institute - City Leadership Executive Status 2016
As the Mayor of Crown Point, David has always has the needs of the citizens and the future of the city as his guiding principles. He believes government must be about working with others through leadership and vision to accomplish goals. "Building a Stronger Community from Within" is the City's Mission Statement to ensure we protect our heritage and provide the vision to move our community forward.
*Under Mayor Uran’s Leadership the City of Crown Point has been named The BEST PLACE TO LIVE for the past 12 years and BEST DOWNTOWN for the past 12 years respectfully for the readershipof the TIMES newspaper.